It amazes me that this happened 12 years ago. For some reason it still feels like yesterday. I have to write about it because every year on this day I remind myself that this was the first day I puked from being drunk.
My friend was moving out of her house and we were going to sleep over there one more time. Her room was all moved except for a few blankets, pillows and sleeping bags. Her dad had paid to have all the carpets professionally cleaned and they were pretty much out of that house for good.
We decided to make rum drinks with a bottle of rum we had been saving for just the right moment. We walked to Albertson’s by her house and got coke and lemonade to mix it with.
After a couple of drinks we started calling people to have them come over. Her neighbor came over to see her before she moved. He was weird and listened to his headphones and sang loudly while we just ignored him. Well we didn’t ignore him exactly, we laughed at what an idiot he was. Then I called my friend to see what he was doing and his mom answered the phone. She told me that he was gone for the night, but that we should be careful whatever we do because it was the night where people drive drunk and it was night where more fatal accidents happen than any other night. Yeah, neighborhood mommy knew I was piss drunk and didn’t want to come right out and tell me she knew. It was funny. She told me to stay where I was and just have fun. Then we called my boyfriend and told him to come over and spend the night.
We got tipsy, then sloshed, out of control, then drunk. I took it one step further and got completely wasted. I was so pissed that at one point I just grabbed the rum bottle and drank straight from it. I just got a stomach ache remembering what it tasted like. I was at the point that it tasted like water, but it was that drink that did me in.
I ended up getting sick and puking on my friend’s stairs trying to get upstairs to the bathroom. I puked on my boyfriend’s shirt that I was wearing. I told him that I was sorry and he said it was ok because it was his dad’s. Totally weird.
Anyway, I finally made it to the bathroom but I had pretty much puked everything I needed to in the hallway. My friend was scared that her dad would hear us and I don’t blame her because I was loud from having fun and loudly puking in the stairwell.
I ended up passing out on the floor in my friend’s pj’s with wet hair from trying to get the puke out of it. Everyone kept trying to get me to drink more lemonade and it would make my stomach just hurt worse. Live and learn, right? It was not exactly how I expected to end that night.
The next morning she took me home early so I could shower and go to my grandparents for Thanksgiving dinner. I went in, talked to my mom who was making pumpkin pies and told her I had a good time (which was a huge lie since I was still so sick.)
I went to take a shower and I realized that I had puke in my hair. It was horrible. I think about being so sick at that dinner that night that I couldn’t even eat mashed potatoes.
Every year since then I always remind myself how horrible that was. I will never forget it. So I thought I wouldn’t remember this year, but I was sitting here at work and I remembered. I realized that it has been 12 years. I realized that if I have remembered 12 years in a row that I will likely remember the next 12 years as well. Happy Thanksgiving to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment