Thursday, May 7, 2009

Things I will do...

Listen to you make up silly songs when you are happy and content.

Watch gymnastics, ice skating and dance competions on tv with you.

Tell you what I would have told my Grammy last night and listen to you tell me about her.

Laugh when you say, "why are you crying?" When I'm only crying because I'm so happy.

Write down the funny things you say. I will love your word-paints.

Tell you all the things I love about my house, my friends/family, food, playgrounds, lilacs, cars, art, color, writing, sewing, church, smells-- then later, much, much later, I will tell you why I hate those things too.

I promise to laugh with you at "you say paTAYda."

I promise we will have more than a million inaside jokes.

We can both "hate that damn hamster" and cry over melt downs.

I will be patient sometimes and not so patient at others. I will tell you afterwards how good I was at both because that is who I am. You will hate that at some point and realize later like I did how it makes me who I am.

I will keep writing these things as I think of them, but, yes- I'm ready.

No comments: