It seems like a good day to write about something funny. I really do think I remember things by season. We have had such beautiful weather the last week and now we have snow. I’m sick of it and it’s supposed to snow a couple days this week.
So, what I want to write about is the time I went to Jackson Hole with Annika and Nate. It was the funniest trip ever and the warm to cold just reminds me of that trip. It was warm in SL but freezing cold and windy in JH.
Here are some of the things I remember in all my randomness:
Hillaury: “Idaho is the worst state ever! It’s like a huge marsh and there is nothing good in it at all. Who in their right mind would ever live in that place?”
Annika: “Ummmm…. Did you know that Nate was born in Idaho?”
Eating at the yummy pub that first night and getting toasty warm with alcohol. Watching the boys play video games and playing pool.
Annika (referring to the hunting video game): “Hurry up and just put ASS in there so we can get going.”
Listening to Patsy Cline in the car with Annika while we went to “hike” at Jenny Lake. I love Annika. Every time I hear Patsy Cline I think of her now. It was just a really good morning.
Walking everywhere and FREEZING in the wind. It made me hurt everywhere!
Trudging through mud and snow- which Annika called “hiking”- because it was too early in the season to actually hike.
Eating Fritos and bean/cheese dip in the hotel and watching VH1’s 100 best 80’s videos because we couldn’t figure out a place to actually go eat at.
Waking up in the middle of the night to pee and seeing the “mouse” run behind the shower curtain. Trying to pee without touching my feet on the ground because of the “mouse” and wondering if I should wake anyone up to do something about it. Staying up all night wondering where the “mouse” had gone to. Laughing when Annika screamed at a huuuuuuuge SPIDER in the bathroom when she went to shower.
Nate (after Annika had been in the shower for at least 15 minutes) to me: “Whole rivers have been drained from one of Annika’s showers.”
Nate to Annika: “Jeez, Annika, save some for the fish!”
The sourdough pancake place… mmmm… pancakes.
Watching Iris at the local theater. Annika and I being absolutely convinced that the worst thing that could happen to either of us would be to lose the ability to talk, write and communicate the way we want to.
Calling out sick to work for 2 days. Having a pretty cool supervisor.
Having a moose bigger than my Protégé run alongside me in the dark on the drive home. That thing was crazy big and just trotting along the road.
Monday, March 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment