I was reminded tonight of just how insanely immature some people are. It is not that it bothers me- in fact, maybe I would have normally been bothered by it or commented or... Or something! I don't know. Tonight I was just amazed. The problem with it is that it's coming from someone who has so much, yet is never satisfied. This comes from the same person who is better at being spiritual and so weaved into their religious security blanket, but criticizes everyone for not being as faithful and worshiping in the way they think is right. One thing I will never disagree with is something my dad taught me. He said that any religious belief is personal and intimate. You do not have to justify what you do or how you do it because that is between you and your Heavenly Father. It is these beliefs that should create discipline in your life and they should be what helps you seek to better. It doesn't make you perfect. It doesn't make you automatically right. It teaches you your weaknesses and talents and helps *you* develop yourself.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that we all make mistakes- some of us learn after we do it once, others it takes a lifetime. It is in the realization of who we are, our mistakes and the way we interact and associate with others that we build our humility and love for our savior.
It is up to you to decide if gossip, pride and ungratefulness is a sin. Or is it theft, lying and not going to church every Sunday?
Whatever it is- it is personal and only you can walk your path and kneel in righteousness. I pray that someday I can rid myself of the burdens that I have and become the best me I can be. I have very little that I can say I have accomplished spiritually, however, the one thing I have identified with is my love of letting people be who they are. I may not always agree, but religious freedom is primary. I will say it again: it is personal.
I am sad to see one of the primary reasons I remembered some of my own family taught values turn into what it was today. I had my problems with some things in the past, but looked past them because I knew, as a 30 year old, everyone changes and everyone has their own struggles. When you constantly criticize others and take more than you give, are you really living up to your religious fibers? Did you ever take a step back and just say thank you? Thanks for the nice big house, the kids, the loving husband, friends who listen. Thanks for my family, my values and the few things that I get up for in the morning. Thank you for my job- even if it isn't exactly what I want to be doing.
I pray that I can remember that even some of the most fortunate are unhappy and that I should remember what I have done to get to where I am today. While I can't see why they have a reason to complain and be miserable all the time, maybe they have things that impact their life. Maybe they grew up with the things I have worked hard for and they are no longer something to appreciate, but instead something to expect. In that case, I hope that they will begin to see how much the simple things matter and how hard some people have to work just to get by. Hopefully they will get the things that make them happy someday since they already have the basics covered. I pray that I can try to be patient and take care of what is most important to me. I trust my family, my friends and myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment