Monday, October 19, 2009

So I was right...

... I won't try any more. That ends it as far as I'm concerned.

I am going to really work on developing new relationships instead. I told my dad I was trying really hard to not come off snobby or "better.". I specifically said I don't want to treat them like C. treats me. She really thinks she knows it all. Thank goodness my dad helped me realize that they haven't come and congratulated me on my changes/ hard work any more than I have supported their efforts. Family supports each other and provides alternate points of view- whether it hurts or not. Unfortunately this has been headed this way since July. When one thing isn't worked out and things just pile up you get buried. I don't feel like digging out now. Today pretty much proved to me that I need to keep my focus even more.

I'm so lucky to have the love of kids again in my life. I was just dying for that. There is nothing like a little kid sitting on your lap and grabbing your arms tight around them. I really think it helps me through my week. Even though there have been kids around, they are not as personable or social. No hugs, no kisses... It is really sad. But, I get hugs and kisses again! It is a huge blessing and I think it changes everything for me.

Now- what do I wish for from the Great Pumpkin? ;)

No comments: