Thursday, June 12, 2008

it's worth the read, promise

Well, I would be surprised if anyone actually reads this because it will be looooong, but it has been forever since I posted something.

Here are the new things going on:
1- I hate lazy people. (not so new, but it had to be mentioned)
2- I hate liars. It is one thing to stretch the truth or tell a white lie, but PA- LEEEEEEEZ! When you keep getting caught in your own stupid stories and you can’t remember who you told what then you know that you have a serious issue.
3- I’m going to try to get a new job. If I go to my regular job from 830am-530pm, then I’m hoping to straight to a part time data entry job from 600pm-midnight. I know that I will never see any of my friends or do anything relaxing, but it will be another 1K a month and I desperately need it. Both jobs will be Monday-Friday and I can still get some housework done on the weekend and still see family/friends too.
4- I’m seriously lost on some of my projects right now. Sometimes I don’t know if I am really helping out or if I’m making a bigger mess of things. It is hard. I’m used to being the best at my job and now I’m in the learning phases. It sucks. I didn’t realize everything that would be going on when I took this job. At least I have some time off to look forward to.

So Carrie “tagged” me a long while back. I’m new to this blogging thing, therefore, also new to tag. I supposed I’m supposed to just do the tasks then tag back. I don’t have anyone to tag so this will be a dead end for what she sends me. It will be fun though because I think that it will give me something unusual to write about.

6 facts about me (I’m going to try to make them interesting and things people don’t know) :
1- I look at damaged cars when I’m driving and try to figure out how the cars got damaged. For instance, if there is a dent on the left bumper, I imagine that the person driving may like to not look out when he’s backing up and I try to stay clear of that side of the car. Weird, but something that nobody knows about me.
2- While I like to have new and fancy electronics, I can’t work them very well. I really don’t know how to work my DVD and I have a hard time figuring out how to connect my Wii to the Internet. If it weren’t for my phone that gets all my of my many emails sent to it I probably wouldn’t keep in contact with anyone.
3- No matter how much I want to travel, it is hard to get past the fact that I have (1) never been to the New England area, (2) never been to any other country than Mexico, (3) never been to the Northwest coast and (4) still think Disneyland is the perfect vacation spot. I was lucky enough to make it to Hawaii, but if it weren’t for my work, I would have never had the money to vacation there on my own. I wish that I can go back to Hawaii someday and make it Europe to travel around there as well.
4- I can’t cook. I have a couple of things that I can make, but in general I am not a good cook. I am also very picky so I end up eating the same things a lot. Lately I have been eating peanut butter and honey sandwiches, turkey sandwiches and tuna sandwiches. Or I just make a bowl of cereal. I will eat any cereal that isn’t mostly comprised of flakes and that does not have dried raisins in it.
5- I have worked at the same job for almost 8 years. Not a big deal? Well it is to me. I never thought that I would stay here when I first started. I figured I would go work somewhere else by the time I got my degree. Even though it stresses me out and there have been times that I just wanted to quit, I love my job. People generally think that I’m a hard worker and as the years have gone on I’ve been trusted with a lot of responsibilities. I still wish that I could do something that is rewarding all the time and closer to home, but this job still offers a lot of growth for me and I’m not seeing an end in the near future. I have a lot of friends and I’m sure that I have unintentionally made a lot of enemies too. The good thing about my personality is that I don’t really know/care who doesn’t like me and I get through my day being oblivious to that sort of thing. One negative aspect of working my job is that I have begun to expect a certain level of customer service quality when I call places. I really don’t stand for lazy, unknowledgeable representatives and I let them know it when they are. I do compliment the good ones though.
6- I insanely memorize song lyrics without even realizing it. I can’t sing and I never do karaoke when everyone else does, but I love to sing in the car. I love to sing when I’m the only one home. I know the lyrics to songs that I only hear on the radio. I even know songs I hate if they are played a lot. I have a weird taste in music. I can’t pinpoint one genre, but in general, I guess I would have to say that I’m not that unique and I’m not that original with music. My brother said a few years back, “Remember when you had taste in music?” THAT about sums it up. I’m not trying to impress anyone. I just like what I like.

No comments: