Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend update

This weekend was a pretty good one. Productive and fun. Even though I didn’t get any sleep last night and I have a horrible sunburn that is totally driving me crazy today since I have to cover up for work, I’m in a pretty good mood today. Here is how the weekend breaks down:

Friday- I went to see The Happening after work. I got stuck in traffic and wanted to die. My 45 min. commute turned into an hour and I missed the first movie time I picked because of it. The movie was nothing like I thought it was going to be and even though I agreed not to believe the reviews I wish I had because it sucked. Then I bought my totally awesome retro shoes that I’ve wanted for a month but I had to wait until they were on sale. I will try to post a picture of them. Afterwards I went home and worked on my flower paintings for my mom for a little while. They turned out better than I could have hoped since I don’t even know how to paint. I should post some of those pictures tool

Saturday- I got up early and helped Carlos mow the back lawn. Then I was going to pull up everything that was growing in my garden and start over fresh. When I started pulling the weeds and grass out I saw a HUGE patch of strawberries that already had some red strawberries growing on them! I was so excited and I changed my plans to dig everything up. I repotted some of my grandma’s plants and I had to throw out the huge spider plant. I was able to grow another one off of one of its branches, but it is still a little sad. I also cut up some of the ivy plant and put it in some other little pots. I went to Paul’s after all of that with a horrible sunburn and hung out. I had a blast and didn’t go back home until 6 the next morning.

Sunday- I couldn’t really get going, but I was glad when I did. I went with Annika and Nate to see The Hulk. It totally made up for the crappy movie on Friday and it was nice to sit in a cold theater. I talked to my dad on the way home and we had a good laugh about how my grandpa didn’t think that car radios and ac’s were necessary. It was nice to hear how much my dad loved that about him. I was telling my dad how much I love my house and how I really lucked out getting something like this for my first house. Then, for a brief second, I thought to myself that my grandpa would have really liked my house. It is so true. I went grocery shopping (still talking to my dad the whole time) then went home and baked some banana bread. I didn’t get done until 1230pm and I had just enough time to drop it off at Paul’s before he got home from work.

No comments: