Thursday, May 29, 2008

Help me Jebus!

I am completely exhausted as I write this.

There is no other way to put it... I am running on sleep deprivation and I want to die. Last night I got less than 4 hours of sleep and the night before I didn't get any at all. To make things worse, I worked from 830am-730pm yesterday and I am back to work at 700am today. I am taking a bit of a breather before I get into my long day to write this though.

I went to The Breeders concert the other night with Erik. That was a blast. I love going to concerts with him because, as he put is so delicately, we are still "stuck in the 90's." So I have the funniest story about the concert and anyone who knows me will know why this is so "Hillaury." I had to go to the bathroom right in the middle of the concert thanks to the 2 beers I drank during the opening band. I have never been to this concert hall before so, right in the middle of the act, I had to ask the bar tender where the restrooms were. He told me they were upstairs. So I climbed 2 flights of stairs with some guy behind me making comments like "heading to the bathroom" and "climbing all these stairs to the bathroom." It was weird, but honestly, I didn't know if he was just mumbling to himself or if he was trying to talk to me. When I got to the top of the stairs, I saw that the men's bathroom was right in front of me. My very talkative friend points down the hall and says, "Yours is way down the hall that way." I kind of laugh and say thanks and start heading down the hall. I walked a good 15 feet and I still couldn't see the women's room, but I came across what looked like an entrance without a sign on it. Logically, I thought the sign had been pulled down and this had to be the women's room. So I turned in, turned to my immediate left, and looked straight down a row of urinals! Guess who was standing there? My mumbling friend! Not to mention the 4 other guys staggered every other urinal taking a piss. I wasn't really embarrassed, but I did find it funny. I walked out and there were 2 more guys (complete strangers) coming up to the bathroom. Since I knew I had been caught I pointed at the door and said, "Hey boys, I found your bathroom for you." We all had a good laugh and I went down the hall further to the ladies sign posted right where I was supposed to go.

A funny follow up to this story is that I sent a text to my brother telling him that I went in the wrong bathroom figuring he would get a kick out of it since he had been there before. After all, he worked in that building for years when it was Virgin. Anyway, I'm laughing as I send it to him and he doesn't seemed stunned at all that I would do this and doesn't even comment on my funny story. All he says is that he likes the place but it's too expensive.

Do I really do dumb things like this often enough that nobody really is surprised? I don't want all of my friends to be numb to the fact that I am still a dork- I think that is part of my charm.

No comments: