I went out to the backyard to call my mom because I couldn't sleep and it was a "nice night." I sat on the concrete to call her, but the concrete spread all the way to the other side of the house- not just the spot that it is. While I was talking to her, because she was the only other person who was up at that time, I looked into someone else's yard and saw that they had a little patch in the middle of the yard, similar to paul's, and they had brought their plants outside. They weren't planted yet. They were in cups like mine are right now. There was a solitary plant and 4 cups with plants in them and the plants were held in place by rocks on each corner. I saw they had droplets of water on them so I decided I would go get mine to put them outside so they could get some rain. I stood up and looked back where I was sitting and saw what I thought was a white seashell with grey lines on it stuck to the house. It was flat and shaped more like a trilobite. I looked again and saw shiny stuff in the cracked part of the shell. I decided it was a slug and saw I had been sitting in one too. As I walked I told my mom that my garden was full of snails and slugs. I told her I didn't mind the snails as much because the had a shell I could pick them up by, but the slugs were really gross. When I thought of slugs, I didn't think of a normal slug, I thought of the ones I saw cracked and broken in shells on the house and concrete.
I went back in and I could see Carlos standing there- half way covered so I could only see red shiny sports shorts and a black shirt with yellow and purple on it- almost like one of the band t-shirts he wears to bed. I couldn't tell it was him at first, but I assumed it was him. He stepped forward and he didn't have his facial hair like he usually does. He had sparse stubble dark, think and separated on his chin. I thought it was weird because it was like someone else's facial hair not his own. He said, "I'm having a hard time sleeping.," as I walked in. I half listened to him and to my mom even though my mom wasn't speaking. I told him I couldn't sleep either which is why I went outside to get fresh air. He started to talk again; I brushed him off and asked him if I could talk to him later because I wanted to get the plants out for a little rain. Right as I said that there was a crash and huge waves were crashing up against the house and into the doorway. There were no more stairs. Just waves. I took a huge gasp at the clap of the water into the house and the breath was real and woke me up.
No comments:
Post a Comment